Why Choose Us?
• Professional management team dedicated to managing and operating necessity-anchored shopping centers
• National operating platform
• Property-level focus
• Limited new supply
• No legacy issues
• Low correlation to stock market
• Hedge against inflation
Advantages of Phillips Edison-ARC
Phillips Edison-ARC's portfolio will be acquired and professionally managed by Phillips Edison & Company, Ltd. (Phillips Edison), whose senior management team has an average of 18 years of retail and related real estate experience, an average tenure of 10 years with the company, and currently manages over 26 million square feet of retail real estate and related assets. This seasoned team has extensive knowledge and expertise in the retail sector, including institutional experience investing and performing throughout a variety of market conditions and real estate cycles.
Phillips Edison's in-house operating team comprises more than 160 associates exclusively focused on maximizing the value of each property. Their established relationships with regional and national grocery tenants and other necessity-based tenants, as well as lenders, vendors, brokers and contractors will assist in providing reliable execution of our investment and operating strategies. The fully-integrated operating team includes experienced professionals in a wide range of disciplines:
• Acquisitions generates constant deal flow, a streamlined evaluation process, and disciplined buying. This effort is enhanced through the company's reputation, longstanding relationships with brokers and property owners, and a constant market presence.
• Due Diligence assesses issues and any foreseeable risks which might affect the value and price of a property being considered for acquisition. This includes site visits, tenant interviews, tenant sales reviews, verification of leases, and review of environmental and property conditions.
• Finance builds and leverages lender relationships to secure financing at the lowest cost, underwrites and finances all new acquisitions and forecasts operating results.
• Leasing teams are responsible for understanding each center’s market and creating a tailored merchandising plan to develop a tenant mix that enhances the shopping experience and optimizes the income stream.
• Lease Administration negotiates the non-monetary provisions of leases and works closely with the leasing team to draft, review, and negotiate letters of intent, leases, amendments, renewals, and assignments.
• Research provides information including mapping, demographics, site-specific data, market information, and trend and void analyses to every department.
• Property Management maintains an attractive, safe environment where retailers thrive and customers enjoy a pleasant shopping experience. This property-focus includes daily review and supervision of every center through a combination of regional and on-site managers.
• Construction works closely with leasing and lease administration to provide cost estimating, analysis, conceptual design, and value engineering options. Supervision and management of all construction activities are completed in-house in an effort to minimize cost and time. Bidding and construction is completed through an established network of contractors.
Phillips Edison’s national platform enables the company to operate in markets throughout the United States. Corporate offices are located in Cincinnati, Ohio; Salt Lake City, Utah; Los Angeles, California; Columbia, South Carolina; and Portland, Oregon; with additional satellite offices to ensure that management personnel are located in relatively close proximity to every portfolio property.
Our consistent property-specific focus combines intensive leasing and merchandising with thorough cost containment measures. Providing high quality, responsive service to our tenants; a clean, safe shopping environment; and selective capital improvements to the physical plant allows us to attract and retain tenants. Prior to acquisition, the management team prepares an operating budget and merchandising plan for each asset. A team is identified for each asset including a leasing manager, lease administration attorney, property manager and construction director. Having a dedicated team for each property provides the focus necessary to execute the business plan for each property and allows us to maintain and enhance each center's cash flow.